1) Please share your story on the journey towards Technology Adoption.
Katjes Magic Candy Factory have developed the world’s first 3D printer for confectionery to reach the consumer market. Candy lovers can choose to 3D print anything from a Sweet Selfie or a 3D shape to a greeting card or logo in one of nine delicious vegan flavours. Our 3D printers are also the fastest in the world as each candy takes just 5 minutes to make!
2) How do you think 3D printing has improved and impacted the quality of people’s life?
For customers of Katjes Magic Candy Factory, our 3D printers have given them the ability to become their very own ‘Willy Wonka’ and make their own product in minutes. They can use innovative 3D printing technology which would normally not be assessible to them in a fun and creative way to make personalized, delicious candy!
3) What do you think the future of 3D printing holds? What new developments can we expect in the next 5 years?
We expect that, particularly in the food industry, the materials with which we will be 3D printing will become increasingly diverse and complex. At Katjes Magic Candy Factory, we are already developing 3D printers to 3D print different ingredients to increase our offering and have made some exciting advancements we should be able to reveal soon.
4) What does 3D Printing mean to you and to your business success?
Innovation is at the heart of our business and is paramount to our 3D printing technology. We are constantly developing and optimizing our 3D printers to ensure they remain at the forefront of the 3D printing industry. We believe that 3D printers allow businesses to be unique, versatile, react quickly and create less waste which all extremely important factors in the success of any business.
5) What new business opportunities, can we look forward to in Industry 4.0, especially in your industry?
3D printing experiences are increasing in retail, the amusement, events industries and in educational institutions, which is wonderful to see. For Katjes Magic Candy Factory, this means that we are able to expand into new markets and with a greater variety of customers. Just a few months ago we launched our 3D printers in Warner Brothers World in Abu Dhabi which is the largest indoor theme park in the world, and now the first amusement park to be able to 3D print candy as well!
6) From your experience, what are the limitations/roadblocks for companies using Additive Manufacturing and what advise will you give to startups wanting jump on the bandwagon?
Despite the incredible advancements in the technology there are still massive improvements to be made in speed, affordability and accessibility in the mainstream market. We would advise startups in the 3D industry do as much of their production in house as possible to prevent any errors from third parties, as this is something we had to learn the hard way!
7) Is 3D Printing the game changer for the Industrial revolution 4.0 and is it here to stay for the long haul?
There is no doubt that 3D printing will have a huge part to play in the next industrial revolution and with the frequent and innovative developments in the industry, we can’t wait to see the extent of the impact 3D printing will have!