Pilot project to demonstrate the technical and financial viability of FDM 3D printing for spare parts production by taking as study case 19 parts from Electrolux product line
- Developed a complete quality assurance system from engineering to production to ensure consistent 3D printing quality
93% were within the required tolerances. The remaining 7% can be explained by mistakes during the industrialisation process
Results of the study shall be used to engage on a deployment phase with Electrolux AND enlarge business with new Home Appliances manufacturers such as Arcelik, Whirlpool, Haier etc.