NAMIC aims to support more industries, expand into new areas and access new technologies via strategic partnership.
Here are several types of our strategic partnership:-
- Leverage global Intellectual Property (IP) pool for Background IP (BIP)
- Foreground IP (FIP) creation through Institute of Higher Learning + Industry Partner
NAMIC and SMF launch Industry Partnership Program to benefit 3000+ SME membership pool
- Tie in to AM Industry Working Group, to advance AM adoption and unlock value for SMF membership pool
- SMF members pool resources, form Technology Partnership Group around common Technical Challenge
- NAMIC augments resources, identifies relevant IP, implements translational R&D project to achieve technical objective
Namic is partnering with Action Community for Entrepreneurship (ACE) to identify and place students skilled in AM technologies in NAMIC projects. Interested companies please contact NAMIC.
- NAMIC partners with Polys and IHLs to identify pool of qualified AM students
- Identify PEP projects suitable for apprenticeship attachment (min.6 months, max. 1yr)
- Company running PEP project hires apprentice directly
- Place of students at company facilitated through ACE Student Training Program (STP)
- Develop hands-on AM workforce
- Provide companies with employable talent pool
NAMIC has signed several local and international major Memorandums of Understanding (MOU) distributed across the AM value chain. These MOUs have translated into existing NAMIC projects and pipelines, with more to be developed.
NAMIC is an important part of our effort to ensure the competitiveness of our manufacturing sector.
Mr S Iswaran
Minister for Communications & Information
I am very impressed with how Singapore is driving and supporting the local AM industry development in a very coordinated and strategic way. I am sure that through NAMIC’s great efforts will help put Singapore on the global AM map.
General Manager EOS Electro Optical Systems (Shanghai)
Singapore and GE are aligned in terms of broad objectives, and with a little proactivity could find significant points of resonance.
Dr Sanjay Correa
Vice President – Industrialisation GE Aviation
3D Printing will make a big impact on the way we design & make things!
MP Biomedicals Asia Pacific
NAMIC can help de-risk a company’s foray into Additive Manufacturing, make it less risky and open your eyes to the amazing research that’s out there.
Vice President of Digital Manufacturing Technologies, UL
The entire NAMIC initiative is geared toward encouraging local companies to adopt and integrate additive manufacturing.
Invention Science Fund Vice President, Intellectual Ventures
I was happy to see all the energy in the Singaporean AM space, looking forward to much more to come!
Vice President Asia Pacific Materialise
The next episode of 3D printing will involve printing entirely new kinds of materials. Eventually we will print complete products – circuits, motors and batteries already included.
Professor of Engineering and Data Science, Columbia University, New York
3D printing is changing personalised medical devices as we know them, from new, beautiful, conformal, ventilated scoliosis braces to millions of dental restorations and to beautiful bracings for amputees, another opportunity to emotionally reconnect with your symmetry.