Senior Research Scientist/ Principal Scientist
HIRING COMPANY: Arkema
A global chemical company and France’s leading chemicals producer, Arkema is building the future of the chemical industry every day. Deploying a responsible, innovation-based approach, we produce state-of-the-art specialty chemicals that provide customers with practical solutions to such challenges as climate change, access to drinking water, the future of energy, fossil fuel preservation and the need for lighter materials. With 136 production sites in 50 countries, some 19,000 employees and 13 research centers and 1,500 researchers in North America, France and Asia, Arkema generates pro forma annual revenue of some $8.6 billion, and holds leadership positions in all its markets with a portfolio of internationally recognized brands. For more information, visit our website at https://www.arkema.com
Do you have a passion for innovation? Are you motivated by dynamic and cross-functional teamwork? Collaborating with Arkema colleagues and technical experts from academia, government agencies, and other industrial organizations around the world, help develop the next generation of technologies that will fuel our growth.
We are recruiting a Senior Research Scientist/ Principal Scientist to lead Arkema R&D growth in SouthEast Asia – with a focus on existing and new externals collaboration in Singapore while supporting new business development and manufacturing efforts of Arkema business units in SE Asia.
· Drive success in existing R&D collaborations at Nanyang Technological University
· Creation of additional R&D collaborations in Singapore
·Establishing Singapore as Arkema’s Asia Academic Collaboration Hub
·Develop R&D network in Singapore government, national labs, universities and industry to understand potential collaboration topics, identify partners, and propose project plans including funding mechanisms and negotiate final contracts including IP rights
· Support commercial, manufacturing and technical growth in SE Asia
·Utilize Singapore Industrial R&D network to identify appropriate consortia for Arkema to join and potential new customers/partners for technically driven developments
· Identify new technologies in academic/ national labs and start-ups that could have synergy with Arkema product offerings
· Serve as Arkema’s scientific expert for the region via participation/ presentation at conferences and symposia
· Fluent in English (Oral/written)
· PhD with 7 – 15 years Industrial R&D Experience or Master’s with 12-20 years Industrial Experience
· Broad range of technical competence with expertise in polymers, materials and applications.
· Strong technical communication – both written and oral
· Demonstrated project management – technical coordination across regions and functions
· Experience with people management- identification and development of students/ junior talent
· Strong track record of internal and external influence at high levels
· Demonstrated ability to form and utilize R&D networks
Interested applicants please send resume to Arkema HR Department: Fynn @ email@example.com