Research Associate (SC3DP) – 2018021401
The Singapore Centre for 3D Printing (SC3DP), a research centre under NTU, aspires to be the world’s leading research institute in 3D Printing to achieve prominent and outstanding breakthroughs in the research and development of innovative 3D printing technologies, processes and materials. This will be done through attracting leading researchers to the Centre, nurturing a skilled talent pool, as well as establishing strong linkages with and delivering state of the art and innovative solutions to the industry.
With increasing worldwide interest and attention in 3D printing, it is crucial for Singapore to capitalise on its current strengths and intensify current efforts in this area so as to enhance its competitive edge. In collaboration with major industry partners, the Centre will harness, strengthen and expand 3D printing capabilities in Singapore in the key areas of Aerospace and Defence, Building and Construction, Marine and Offshore, and Future of Manufacturing.
- Manufacture and assemble 3D printed unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) components for various prototypes from the scratch.
- Code and prepare the UAV controllers, necessary interfaces for the communication of the on-board computer with the ground stations.
- Coordinate and organize activities related to the NTU FMC (Flight Mechanics and Control) Laboratory.
- Support to develop journal and conference articles
- Help to achieve project deliverables in SC3DP Lightweight 3D Printed Lightweight UAV.
Master of Science in automatic control engineering, mechatronics engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, computer science or other related disciplines from reputable universities.
Experience in UAV assembly and wiring, UAV controller programming (e.g.Pixhawk) and piloting experience for radio-controlled aircraft.
C,C++,ROS experience is a big plus.
Experience in fused deposition modelling for UAV manufacturing is a big plus.
Interested applicants please send your resume to Asst Prof Erdal Kayacan via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please attach your full CV, with the names and contacts (including email addresses) of 2 character referees, and all relevant academic certificates.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.