Director / Deputy Director, National Additive Manufacturing Innovation Cluster
Minimum 10 year (s) Senior Manager
The successful candidate will co-lead NAMIC business development function. He/ she will lead and define the problem statement and solutions needed by the major industry sectors for additive manufacturing adoption. In addition, the candidate will support the Cluster Managing Director on partnership engagement, business negotiation, project selection, establishing the respective additive manufacturing roadmap for the industry sectors, and execute the strategic initiatives towards meeting the key performance indicators for NAMIC. He/ she will also partner with the research performers and stakeholders across the three university hubs, research and economic agencies (Enterprise Singapore, EDB, others) respectively, and build up the eco-system to enable greater industry adoption of additive manufacturing technologies.
Some of the key job responsibilities include:
- Business Development with potential additive manufacturing technology end-users (companies).
- Business lead generation and opportunities for strategic partnerships with companies and institutions.
- Develops sector-specific additive manufacturing technology and solution roadmap and influencing he research performers with the goal towards commercialization.
- Initiatives, negotiate, facilitate and oversee industry projects to successful completion.
- Supports the MD on commercialisation strategy and co-investments into spin-offs and start-ups.
- Coordinates with the university hubs in design and refurbishment of university hub space for NAMIC.
- Partners with the university hubs in identifying and influencing the appropriate equipment for NAMIC.
- Partners with performers and stakeholders in the institutes of higher learning (IHLs) and economic agencies.
A good bachelors degree. Postgraduate degree (Masters or PhD) in an Engineering or Science discipline or MBA with a major in marketing, strategy or finance will be a plus.
- Strong relevant experience in the private and/ or public sector will be considered.
- At least 10 years of experience in academic and/ or industrial research.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in managing a team at a leading institution/ company.
- Experience in product or technology productization highly desired.
- Proven record of financial acumen, business negotiation and development skills.
- Proven ability to successfully lead and oversee and program or large projects with stakeholders.
- Proven track record of leading teams and collaboration with multiple stakeholders.
- Knowledge of and ability to plan and execute budgets and scheduling.
- Knowledge of and experience in developing and executing a business plan.
- Experience in a start-up, spin-off or new business creation will be highly desired.
- Excellent business and technology communication skills.
- Prior experience with research and development in 3D Printing and/ or higher technologies would be advantageous, but not a pre-requisite.
- Prior experience in a start-up, commercialization and/ or fund-raising would be an advantage.
- Fluent in English and second language of choice.
- High integrity, motivated, self-starter. Can-do attitude and independent decision-making. Passion for innovation, technology and enterprise development.
Appointment may vary and will commensurate with candidate’s years of working experience.
If you have what it takes, we want to hear from you.
Please register your interest with us today at email@example.com